wireless door lock

Let's face it, any lock you fit to your door only deters the least determined of burglars.

Although after the fiasco where the BMW "Mini" would spontaneously unlock its doors at 0:00 every night, and also randomly, I'm not sure I would want to take the risk with a radio-controlled Yale.

With an electronically-controlled lock you would run into issues of "fail safe" and "fail secure"... manufacturers can't win on that. If you go for fail safe, then burglars will learn to spoof the system into opening itself. If you go for fail secure, someone will end up locked in with the house on fire at some point.

The latter happens with mechanical locks: but the issue is, as soon as something is electronic some people seem to get some luddite paranoia that someone lost their life because of the machines, forgetting a mechanical solution would have done the same.

Sponsored Links
There are a number of remote access systems on the market - examples include Centralock by Mila, and Locca Sure Touch.

I wouldn't trust them, if my car central locking is anything to go by yesterday went to open my car and it kept locking it self due to the cold weather. then when i did get to open the door it wouldn't start :evil: PS you would think who ever designed these cars would combat this problem

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
Let's face it, any lock you fit to your door only deters the least determined of burglars.
True but any good system wouldn't rely on just the one deterrent but a mixture of them such that it either stops the burglar in his tracks or make it such a hassle that he wouldn't bother.

Back