wireless ethernet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you help me with a small issue of internet access on my new smart tv?

I have a smart telly and can access youtube etc through ethernet cable.But cable looks ugly.

Fella in Currys told me of a mains socket to socket device you plug in by the desktop/router and plug in the other part by the tv but i can't remember the name.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sarcasm perfectly justified there, IMHO.

Even if you'd Googled for "mains socket to socket device you plug in by the desktop/router" (copied directly from your opening post), you'd have got there on the first hit...

I solved a similair problem by using a Vonets VAP11G wifi bridge - plenty available on eBay for under £20 delivered.

It's basically a small box with two leads - one has an ethernet plug on it, the other has a USB plug. After setting it up by connecting to a PC, the the USB plugs into a spare port on the TV and provides power, the ethernet cable plugs into the TV and provides ethernet which the unit accesses via WiFi.

Of course - this solution does rely on you already having a wireless router!

thanks for reply ilikewatchingtv thats the answer I was looking for I'll look into it cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back