wireless programmable thermostat for highflow 440 RSF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone fitted a wireless programmable thermostat to a worcester bosch highflow 440 mk1 ?

I ask because after researching for days I think it may not be possible - this is a problem unique to the mk1 aparently. Worcester themselves offer wireless programmers for the 440 and 550 cdi (the mk2) but not the mk1

Ideally I'd want a 2 channel (i.e. water and heating) wireless programmer but I don't think they're available so heating only would do - but I'm not sure if it would be possible to leave the hot water programming on the boiler itself and the heating programming via the wireless programmer

Any advice or comments from someone who's done it would be great - I've made the mistake of having the wired room thermostat fitted in the kitchen.

Even a wireless room thermostat would do and I'd leave all the programming on the boiler - but this would be a second preference.

PS - it has to be wireless, I've got no option to run a wire from the boiler in the kitchen to the hallway etc.

Edit - When I say mk1 I mean the 440 RSF, not the CDi

Sponsored Links
I really dont see what you expect to achieve by a wireless control of the hot water preheat times. Can you explain or are you not thinking properly?

I dont see any reason why you cannot fit any wireless programmable stat onto the heating.

There is a wired connection for an external stat and all you do is connect a two wire from the wireless receiver to that! You are already using it for your wired stat in the kitchen.

Tony

I really dont see what you expect to achieve by a wireless control of the hot water preheat times. Can you explain or are you not thinking properly?

I dont see any reason why you cannot fit any wireless programmable stat onto the heating.

There is a wired connection for an external stat and all you do is connect a two wire from the wireless receiver to that! You are already using it for your wired stat in the kitchen.

Tony

OK yes you're right, the hot water control would probably be an almost useless luxury - I was thinking we could easily turn off the hot water if we went to bed early or went away for a couple of days etc. But I can do that from the boiler no problem really.

I have a wired room thermostat in the kitchen, I don't have a wired programmable thermostat - so I've assumed this is different? i.e. if the heating is programmed to be off at a certain time, it will ignore the room thermostat temp setting.

So I've assumed the 440 is setup to be able to receive temp setting instructions but the programming would have to stay on the onboard programmer

I think I'm being stupid here - can someone confirm what I acutally should do is change the heating to on 24/7 on the boiler and let the RF programmer take care of it all?

Sponsored Links
I think I'm being stupid here - can someone confirm what I acutally should do is change the heating to on 24/7 on the boiler and let the RF programmer take care of it all?

Yes thats what you need to do (if you get a programmable stat)

A standard wireless stat would mean youd still need to use the timer on the boiler.

If your boiler already has a timer on the hot water preheat then you can set it to disable preheat overnight.

There is no significant saving in turning it off for the odd extra hour if you go to bed early. You would save more by showering for a couple of minutes less.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back