wireless switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of wireless switches ?

A few years ago me and the mrs went to the ideal homes show, I saw a product there which was a small transmitter 9v powered which you could fit into a switch, then there was a 240v reciever which you could place into the light fitting you wanted it to switch, trouble is I lost the info and have never seen owt like it since. Anyone else seen it or know of a similar product ? ta muchly

Sponsored Links
GET do a dimmable version.

There is also a display in my local wholesaler which has exactly what you describe.....but I cannot recall the make. You would have to wait until monday!

SensorMech have a range of radio wireless switches that work from a module that fits into a regular light switch

www.sensormech.com

Looks very similar to the product though I cant recall a hub being fitted just transmitter and reciever both of which fitted into a switch or pull switch for that matter.

Thanks for that...anyone else know of owt similar.

Sponsored Links
those easy switches are OK, but don't beleive what they tell you about the transmitter range.

I would recommend going for the X10 system as it's easy to add new things to. I have the modules installed on my dimmable light switch, my outside light, lava lamps in the living room. I have the ceiling light and the bedside lamps connected to the same system in the master bedroom and I have the kettle connected to one in the kitchen. When I see the funny advert thing in the top corner of the TV, one press of my remote control and hey presto, the kettle turns on. No more getting up and standing there while it boils. You can get the modules and everything from www.letsautomate.com
I also have the alarm clock on the same system so at 8am, the alarm goes off and sends the signal for the kettle to switch on. By the time I get downstairs, it's already boiled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back