Wireless Thermostat & Biasi combi wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Biasi M90E 28S combi boiler which I am going to add a controller to. I was initially looking at the Draytech 111 or 711 which offer the volts free timeswitch I need, however I noticed the Horstmann HRFS1 wireless thermostat which also allows programming (www.screwfix.com/p/horstmann-hrfs1-room-thermostat/93829)
A look at the installation guide (http://www.horstmann.co.uk/downloads/ElectronicDocuments/ThermoStats/RF%20Programmable%20Room%20Thermostat.pdf) seems to suggest that it could be used volt free so would offer a better solution than just the 711 and no room thermostat etc....

Would this be ok to use or am I missing something?

Cheers
Neil

Sponsored Links
Depends what you want to do. The Draytons will provide timed on and off periods for your ch. It will be wired to your boiler.

If you want the same thing, but with the addition of being able to control temperature, the Horstmann is what you need - it's a programmable, wireless room thermostat.

All your choices are suitable for your boiler, as they all provide volt-free contacts/switching.

Depends what you want to do. The Draytons will provide timed on and off periods for your ch. It will be wired to your boiler.

If you want the same thing, but with the addition of being able to control temperature, the Horstmann is what you need - it's a programmable, wireless room thermostat.

All your choices are suitable for your boiler, as they all provide volt-free contacts/switching.

I was going along the lines of using a thermostat as it might save money in the long term.....never had one before, is it a worthwhile extra to have for this reason or should I just stick to the plain controller?

Cheers

Always a good idea to have a room stat, as it will turn boiler off when temp up to what you need. Will save money.

Wherever you fit the stat, if the rads in that area have thermostatic valves, you will need to leave them on max. Otherwise, the valves and stat will conflict with each other.

Sponsored Links
Always a good idea to have a room stat, as it will turn boiler off when temp up to what you need. Will save money.

Wherever you fit the stat, if the rads in that area have thermostatic valves, you will need to leave them on max. Otherwise, the valves and stat will conflict with each other.

Cheers again!

Going to give the HRFS1 a bash, cheap enough off of eBay :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back