Replace Lifestyle LP111 with Horstmann Wireless Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I would like some advice regarding whether this will work.

I have a Lifestyle LP111 controlling an Alpha Combi boiler (CB24X). It is programmed to come on in the morning and evening, and I use the advance button to turn it on, as and when needed.

I have purchased a Horstmann HRFS1 Programmable Room Thermostat and want to replace the Lifestyle unit. Here is what it looks like:

The thermostat manual can be had from here: www.horstmann.co.uk/downloads/ElectronicDocuments/ThermoStats/RF Programmable Room Thermostat.pdf

Is this a simple job, or am I calling somebody in? Thanks.

EDIT: The back of the thermostat looks like this:

Sponsored Links
Turn the power off and remove the fuse.

red wire to center terminal. L=live
Blue wire to botom terminal N = neurtal
Yellow wire to top right terminal SL = switch live.

If your not confident with electrics dont try it.

I've got no problem turning off the electric at the fusebox.

I understand what you're saying about the blue and yellow wires. But what am I doing with the red?

Thanks.

Blue goes in the N

Red goes in the L next to it.

The yellow goes to SL

Leave the link in.

Note the red goes in the bottom L next to the N, and not the top center

Sponsored Links
See the red wire on the unit you put the red wire from the cable into one of the same terminal holes (two wires in one terminal is ok. make sure its good and tight).

This seems pretty simple but there are two different opinions here. Am I putting the red in the top or bottom L hole?

Thanks.

This seems pretty simple but there are two different opinions here. Am I putting the red in the top or bottom L hole?

Thanks.

The instruction manual that comes with the clock will say the bottom L.

The reason is the stat can be used for volts free switching without the link.

Yup. Checking the manual states: "It is vital to connect the live into this terminal to avoid overloading of the jump wire". And it's talking about the top centre.

Thanks for the help.

You would have thought that a manufacture would have installed a wire that would take the maximum load required. They must have saved at least £50 on a couple of thousand units using less copper wire. :)

Just read the manual for the HRFS 1. :rolleyes:

I would have have though the bridge wire would more than take the load (3amp), and certainly be a lot simpler.

Yup. Checking the manual states: "It is vital to connect the live into this terminal to avoid overloading of the jump wire".

Not exactly bell wire is it , top/bottom makes no difference. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help. I seem to have got that sorted. Now I have to programme the bl***y thing. Merry xmas all. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back