Confused by Drayton Lifestyle LP111 wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Drayton Lifestyle LP111 programmer connected to my boiler.

There is no room thermostat, the programmer is next to where I would want the thermostat and I am competent enough to wire them up....however.

I am a bit confused by the current wiring.

There are the usual Live, Neutral and Earth coming in and then a live and neutral going out.

On the programmers wall plate, looking at it while fitted to the wall I have, working left to right.

Neutral and boiler neutral in position one, then Live in position two, then I have the next two contacts linked together with a wire. Then the boiler live is right at the end on position 6.

I aim to fit a Horstmann HRT2 Room Thermostat.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Sponsored Links
this is only a single channel programmer not a dual channel.

if you having it to operate heating what is operating the hw ?

How do you control the heating at present ,is there a lever valve you move to split hot water and heating

there isn't a position 6!

terminal 4 should be live to central heating if you want a room stat then this line needs to go to room stat common and the calling connected to where the existing wiring connects

existing - term 4 to zone valve
new - term4 to room stat common - room stat calling - zone valve

this is assuming that it only controls heating and not hot water

Sponsored Links
it doesnt say six as you say it is terminal 4
NL1234 BUT you could class it as position 6 as a diyer dont confuse him

the 111 is usually on combis.

the OP clearly thinks position 1 and 2 are the live and neutral therefore making position 6 the switched live.

edit, one minute too late :LOL:

How do you control the heating at present ,is there a lever valve you move to split hot water and heating

Yes, there is a valve.

At present I am controling the heating by using the advance button on the LP111 with no times programmed.

The hot water gets hot because at present the heating is on some of the time.

I know and understand that if I wish to have hot water only I would need to turn up the thermostat and move the valve to hot water.

Yes, its a kludge but one I am, for the moment at least, happy to accept.

there goes my combi guess, ill get my coat :LOL:

Right, I see where he is coming from with his position 4 and my position 6. His was off the diagram and mine was a physical position on the wall.

One question, why are 1 and 2 linked?

one and two aren't normally linked, live and one are. three is the switched live on a 111 anyway.

I have a Drayton Lifestyle LP111
Are you positive it is the LP111? The wring you give is not correct for the LP111.

Neutral and boiler neutral in position one, then Live in position two,
Correct, so far
then I have the next two contacts linked together with a wire. Then the boiler live is right at the end on position 6.
That's wrong for the LP111! Using your numbering, Terminals 2 and 3 should be linked; terminal 5 goes to the boiler. Terminal 6 does nothing.

If you have a manual valve then you cannot have room stat as this would turn pump of which you need to run for when you have HW only in the summer.
You need to go one step further and get at least one motorised valve on the heating circuit, better still 2 one on CH one on HW with cylinder stat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back