Installing Horstmann HRFS1 thermostat w/ promax combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Our central heating packed up a few days ago and from what I can discern, it was because of our existing thermostat (Danfoss RX1), which had been installed a number of years ago, long before we moved in 1 year ago. I decided to replace the thermostat with a Horstmann HRFS1 RF system. When I took off the RX1 I saw 5 wires: Brown (live), Blue (neutral), Green & Yellow (Earth), a black one and a grey one (positioned in numbers 2 and 3 on the danfoss system, respectively).

Here is a link to the Horstmann installation guide:

http://www.horstmann.co.uk/download...ermoStats/RF Programmable Room Thermostat.pdf

I think page 11 is the one I need to use, but I'd appreciate some guidance on how to connect all the wires.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Hey, I need to bump this thread as it got pushed off the first page and I've had no responses. I really need some help with this. I really can't afford for an electrician to come out and I think it shouldn't be too difficult, I just need to know where to put which wire. Please help.

5 wires: Brown (live), Blue (neutral), Green & Yellow (Earth), a black one and a grey one (positioned in numbers 2 and 3 on the danfoss system, respectively).

Brown = live
Blue = neutral
black = common
Grey = NO.

Don't like these units (including salus), would have been better to use the honeywell.

Thanks very much for the help, man. I really appreciate it. Quick question re: the earth and it may seem like a simple/stupid one. Does it go in the NC?

Sponsored Links
Right, kinda had a feeling that's what might needed doing. Thank you so much for your help. Sorry I'm such a n00b

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back