Horstmann HRFS1 Wireless Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I would appreciate your advice.

I'd like to replace an old wired thermostat - Towerstat RSP
http://www.tfc-group.co.uk/assets/graphics/static/RSP INSTRUCTION BOOKLET 1 TO 20 copy.pdf

for a new - Horstmann HRSF1 Wireless Thermostat

http://www.horstmann.co.uk/download...ermoStats/RF Programmable Room Thermostat.pdf

Towerstat is wired with 2 wires (both are red ?. L/live and N/neutral, there is also green/yellow - but not connected.

Can I connect these two red wires knowing now what they do, to the Horstmann ?

Should I use diagram on page 9 and leave "link" attached and intact ?

All I need, I suppose is to connect the thermostat receiver in order for thermostat to work....

Thank you

Sponsored Links
It depends on the boiler.

These wireless receivers should be placed near your wiring centre.
They require 240V (mains) wiring - L,N & E (E likely not used but must be there) - plus the wiring which goes from the boiler to your present thermostat.

They do not go where the present thermostat is.
That's the whole point of having wireless - so you don't have to run a cable to the living room (or wherever).

thank you for your prompt reply...

Boiler is EUROFLAME boiler (kerosine or gas oil), 230V supply.

Would you please, have a look at Horstmann's guide (page 9, 10, 11) and advice ?

Just help me understand, Horstmann's receiver will be connected to present wiring (L&N) - according to page 9 and not use E ?

thanks again

Would you please, have a look at Horstmann's guide (page 9, 10, 11) and advice ?
IF the wiring to your present thermostat is 240V then you could use the link but there is no point as the mains cable and the boiler control cable will be at hand in the wiring centre/box if installed corectly.

Just help me understand, Horstmann's receiver will be connected to present wiring (L&N)
If I understand correctly - no, the present thermostat wiring is NOT L&N - it is L & switched L (to operate the boiler).
You will need addition mains supply.

- according to page 9
Eventually perhaps, but you do not have the necessary wires at the present thermostat position.

and not use E ?
The wireless receiver will need an E but you present thermostat probably does not.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back