Confused by Drayton Lifestyle LP111 wiring

If you have a manual valve then you cannot have room stat as this would turn pump of which you need to run for when you have HW only in the summer.
You need to go one step further and get at least one motorised valve on the heating circuit, better still 2 one on CH one on HW with cylinder stat

As I said, I am aware of the issue. I can, in the summer or when I require instant hot water turn up the thermostat until I get the water I require. It's not perfect but for the moment it will have to do.

Sponsored Links
It says LP111.

Everyone is telling me it cannot be wired the way it is.

Yet it is wired that way....and at present it is working.

So tell me who is wrong? LOL

Crazy.

The pins I quoted were looking at the faceplate on the wall, not looking at the controller itself. Dont be confused by that or by trying to look at instructions if you don't fit them yourself, thats just confusing things!

I was working left to right. There are 6 terminals the first is neutral the last is a brown wire, i.e.live and it heads off towards the boiler.

Am I correct in saying that what I am trying to do is take the live wire that would head off to the boiler and send it through the thermostat? So when the thermostat is on, it connects that live instead of the LP111?

Sponsored Links
It says LP111
That's OK then.

Everyone is telling me it cannot be wired the way it is.

I was working left to right. There are 6 terminals the first is neutral the last is a brown wire, i.e.live and it heads off towards the boiler.
Here is the "official" wiring diagram.

Am I correct in saying that what I am trying to do is take the live wire that would head off to the boiler and send it through the thermostat? So when the thermostat is on, it connects that live instead of the LP111?
Basically, Yes; but your thermostat also needs a neutral connection.

Oh the shame!

And my username is 'competentperson', makes it even worse!

The way the last wire entered the unit made it look like it went into position 6.....when it actually....went into position 5....just like everyone told me.

Ouch!

LOL

That matter aside, I fitted the unit today and it is working perfectly, now at least I have some kind of rudimentary control over this thing till I can afford to get it all upgraded/replaced later in the year.

Thanks to all and apologies for me being an idiot.

I definately DIYnot! LOL

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back