Wireless Thermostat - Programmable ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
At the moment I have a Boulter Oil powered boiler and a wired programmable timer for the CH and HW along with a wired Sunvic TLM thermostat.

I'd really like to have a wireless thermostat so it can set the temperature for the room I'm in rather than where it is right now, from what i can tell swapping the wired one for one of these isn't that complicated (is that right ?)

But the programmable wireless models are only slightly more expensive and I guess would give me the ability to turn the heating on remotely rather than going to override the timer next to the boiler (lazy I know !).

From what I've read I would need to set the CH on the wired timer to be constantly on and rely on the wireless programmer to tell it to start heating the water etc, is this right ? and will it have any implications for the boiler or how much electricity it's using when not heating ?

Obviously I'm not a plumber, or in any way competent :)

Thanks
Daz

Sponsored Links
From what I've read I would need to set the CH on the wired timer to be constantly on and rely on the wireless programmer to tell it to start heating the water etc, is this right ? and will it have any implications for the boiler or how much electricity it's using when not heating ?

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/wireless-thermostat-programmable.375843/#ixzz2eNyxzWAm

The programmable room thermostat will only control your central heating it wont control your Hot water, it sounds as though you want to control the HW using your existing controls and use the programmable room stat to control your heating this is easily done but does involve hard wiring

Sorry, yes that's what i meant.

I'd like the existing controls to look after the HW, and the new wireless programmer to look after the CH.

I just wasn't sure if this would have any implications for the boiler it's self, as at the moment there's no lights on at all until the controls turn it on based on the timer and i assume once it's set to CH continuous using the existing controls the boiler will constantly be waiting for input from the new wireless controller ?

Is the link supposed to point back to this post ?

Thanks
Daz.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back