WIRELESS THERMOSTAT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello Experts,

I am trying to work out the fixing of a Wireless Thermostat in my Boiler. I have uploaded the photo of my Halstead Ace Boiler's Wiring Terminal, i could see there Live, Neutral, Earth, switched live and a Link U shaped wire.

I think , i can take live and neutral from there and then i need to remove that link and put ther other 2 wires of the signal box of the thermostat in there.

Could you please see my profile pic and advise the combinations i should use. I appreciate your responces.
Many Thanks.

the photo is also here : View media item 38628

Sponsored Links
Are you trying to install a thermostat or a programmable stat?
I am going to put a Wireless Thermostat.
I assume that means you are using the built in clock.

I'm confused.

The wiring shown in your pic does not agree with the wiring diagram in the Installation Manual. See item 4.9 on page 18 and diagram 29 on page 27.

According to those, the terminals are: L1 - L2 - E - N - L3. Mains to L1, E and N and a link between L2 and L3. Your pic shows a link between L1 and L2.

Also, there are four wires in the cable. Where do the ones connected to L2 and L3 go and why is there a link from L1 to L2?

It could be that you have an older/newer version of the boiler and the wiring has been changed from the online manual.

Sponsored Links
It's the se version I reckon. I think the other half of the plug is missing
Thanks for sorting that out for me. ( The SE manual is not available on the web-site!!)

OP: what has happened to the other half of the plug?

Well done to you. You are a STAR, Many thanks for clarifying this to me,

now i could actually see that what silly thing i did, i just took photo of the back of the mains, not the front of the mains, i can actually see the L,N,E coming into the terminal and a LINK between L1-L3.

These are the things we need to use while putting a Wireless stat.

A wire connecting L, N to the Receiver and then a Wire Connecting L1,L3 to the receiver. I hope that this time i am write , please see if i am right???????????

I appreciate your helpfull thoughts for my topic. Thanks.

another point i would like to mention here, according to the manual, if we follow the sequence, apart from L,N,E only 2 points left there linked to each other, so i hope that you would recommend to Remove that link and attach the Receiver there. If i am thinking positively...

A wire connecting L, N to the Receiver
That's two wires! One from L1 to receiver L and one from N to receiver N.

a Wire Connecting L1, L3 to the receiver.
L3 is the switched live.

L1 and L2 are effectively the same as they are linked together as shown in your pic.

Yes, you remove the link between L2 and L3 but not the link between L1 and L2.

Then put in two wires! One from L1 (or L2) to the receiver and one from L3 to the receiver.

So you need a four core cable, but you may only be able to get a four core plus earth. You need heat resistant cable, which you can get from B&Q (Tower Brand).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back