Wirework Shelves?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive seen lots of wirework shelving units but i have something 'sort of' along those lines. Can you buy just a wirework shelf that could be used in my existing unit to replace old mdf shelves?. Dont need the weight or wood or mdf but similarly dont need a metal self contained. Unit. Anything about 300 deep by about a metre that i can buy some of?.. As url link here sort of idea?https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...4-shelf-28025547063383_2000x.jpg?v=1665708066

Sponsored Links
Is it supported all around? As anything spanning a metre needs to be pretty robust or it'll sag like anything.

Ive seen lots of wirework shelving units but i have something 'sort of' along those lines. Can you buy just a wirework shelf that could be used in my existing unit to replace old mdf shelves?. Dont need the weight or wood or mdf but similarly dont need a metal self contained. Unit. Anything about 300 deep by about a metre that i can buy some of?.. As url link here sort of idea?https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...4-shelf-28025547063383_2000x.jpg?v=1665708066
We don't know what your existing units are?

Sponsored Links
You can buy pre-made wirework shelves in standard kitchen unit sizes, e.g. to fit units 300, 400, 500and 600mm wide x circa 500mm deep. Try kitchen component suppliers such as Isaac Lord in High Wycombe or TKC in Manchester. Wider than 600mm you can get - it is commonly used in commercial kitchens - but it can't be cut to length and it comes in whatever sizes the supplier dictates. Try any local catering equipment supplier. Any good steel fabricator who deals with stainless steel should also be able to fabricate to order

Sorry for the delay. I was away and finally decided to go with white particle board shelving. Whats the best place price wise online to get some ordered

If you are in Manchester or Sheffield I'd recommend HPP. Ask for cut to size prw-banded 18mm MFC (comes in varioua widths, 2440mm long). You will doubtless have someone local doing a similar service. Forget about doing it on line unless you are absolutely made of money - the shippimg costs are often more than the cost of the material and cutting, and MFC doesn't take kindly to being thrown about in a courier's van

If you have a Selco near you I can say with confidence that you can actually easily remove the stickers from their MFC unlike many other suppliers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back