Wiring a bathroom extractor fan with a timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening everyone,

So I am wiring a Turbo Tube Pro 100 4 Inch Inline Fan with Timer. I need some guidance on how to connect some of the wires. The extractor fan should turn on as the switch is pulled to switch a light on, and after the light is turned off fan should run for a set amount of time and switch itself off. I have made a wiring diagram I would be grateful if someone could go through it and help me out with this.
This is the wiring diagram I made:
Wiring-diagram.jpg

Can someone guide me on how to connect the remaining wires correctly, I would appreciate a visual sketch or diagram if possible? Also, what would be the best method to connect them as there is no light rose in the light? Should I use WAGO connectors? Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Does the light fitting have space within its base to hold wago connectors ?
The switched live ( from the switch ) would go to the light fittings live terminal ,and the switched live to the fan would connect there too. The neutral and permanent live to the fan would connect to the supply cables neutral and live. And all earth conductors connect together/to each other to maintain continuity.

Does the light fitting have space within its base to hold wago connectors ?
The switched live ( from the switch ) would go to the light fittings live terminal ,and the switched live to the fan would connect there too. The neutral and permanent live to the fan would connect to the supply cables neutral and live. And all earth conductors connect together/to each other to maintain continuity.

There is space, but I would prefer to make it nice and neat if there is a way to do that.
Also, the wiring diagram that I have done is it correct? Sorry, it is a bit messy.
Wiring-diagram-2.jpg

Yes ,diagram is correct. You could use a junction box to make the connections if you don't want them in the light fittings base . Do you have access to above the ceiling ?

Sponsored Links
Yes ,diagram is correct. You could use a junction box to make the connections if you don't want them in the light fittings base . Do you have access to above the ceiling ?
Which one should I use? I have seen they have different AMP ratings? I have access to the loft and I can reach the cables from there.
I would not be able to put the junction box right above the light fitting as the light is fitted at the beginning of the flat roof, but I would be able to pull the cables out, once it is joined up I would only have to run one longer cable for the light I assume?

You can put the junction box wherever it's convenient ,and run longer cable to light ,or whatever . If the junction box is accessible you can use a conventional one ,if it's not ,it needs to be a maintenance free type. If using the conventional circular type ,then a 20 amp ,4 terminal one would do, that has larger terminals .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back