wiring for bathroom extractor fan with timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am having trouble with wiring diagrams for connecting an expel-air dx100t to my bathroom light using junction boxes. I realise that there are a lot of posts to do with connecting to the switch or light rose but mine are all junction box connections. The fan has a timer and I am using 3 core and earth. This is one of the last jobs to do before I have the electrics checked at first fix. Also can someone explain how these fans with timers work, do they come on when the light switches off ? Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

Sponsored Links
You may have a JB instead of a rose or other terminal arrangement, but the principle is exactly the same. You need (if you are triggering your fan from the bathroom light) a permanent live, switched live and neutral at the fan, via a TP switch.

AFAIK, the fans are triggered by the switched live and then the timers begin counting down once the bathroom light is switch off, the system being powered by the permanent live.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back