wiring bathroom extractor with timer

Corrado said:
how do I connect it at the junction box - twist on the other earths which are OUTSIDE the junction box?
NO - and not only that - fix the twisted-together malarkey - that is not the way to connect cables, they should be joined properly.

Do I need a new junction box or am I creating too much work for myself?
If your JB does not have a spare terminal for the earth conductors, then yes, you should replace it with one which does have enough capacity. This is not creating too much work, it is doing things correctly.

Sponsored Links
So who remembers those caps you twist the wires together and then screw the cap over the lot to hold them? Read a post says theyre still just fine to use in the USA. Why don't we use them any more?

I don't know. perhaps they are unsuitable for solid cables. Perhaps it's just fashion.

Sponsored Links
The poster is relating using 'flex' he says there is a yellow and green insulated 'earth' core.
I have bought some 3 core wire from B&Q but one of the cores is an earth (Blue, Brown and Yellow/Green)

Should he not be using cable as opposed to flex anyway ?

P

Corrado said:
damn people at B&Q - they told me to go ahead and do this GRRR
Wasn't this guy who told you to do it, was it?

1100202448_B&QMAN.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back