Wiring a Drayton actuator

Sponsored Links
I’d say your grey wire will go to black or red and the grey will go to the other. As per EFL how would the pump stop? Are you able to trace the wiring to the pump and find out which is switch live or permanent live?

Well I tried it and nothing seems to happen. My boiler comes on but it's like the actuator isn't letting water through because the pipe leading to it gets hot, but stays cold after it. Then the boiler just cuts out because obviously it thinks it has heated all the water in the system. So should I connect the grey and orange wires and if so, should they both go to a live connection?

@EFLImpudence thank you for correcting my work. I have no idea how the pump stops. But it does!

There are two reds and two blacks.

Which is which and where do the others go?
They all come from the mains supply as far as I know, but I don't know a whole hell of a lot to be honest. Why there should be 2 sets of each, I have no clue

Sponsored Links
I’d say your grey wire will go to black or red and the grey will go to the other. As per EFL how would the pump stop? Are you able to trace the wiring to the pump and find out which is switch live or permanent live?
I don't understand! Sorry, I think I have got you beat in the Novice stakes

Do you think you new valve opened ?

When you turn the system or valve off you should here cogs moving.

And without doing anything else now my boiler won't light. Or click or twitch or any f**k**g thing, it's just dead. It worked before, albeit it cut out. Now there are zero signs of life.

Do you think you new valve opened ?

When you turn the system or valve off you should here cogs moving.
No it didn't make a sound. From what I read the grey wire should be permanently live. But see above, I now have a new problem.

Have you turned a fused spur connection off? Has the fuse blown? What boiler is it?

It’s a little surprising the boiler fired up in the first place.

The best thing to do is take some pictures of the wiring at the timer or where the boiler connects to

This might be what you have, which is why you had six wires and still should.

upload_2020-4-6_21-9-50.png

Of course, it does not have to be connected exactly like that as long as the correct wires are connected to the correct wires somewhere.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back