wiring a fan and its isolator into a lighting circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello

Heres what ive done so far..

i have rewired the lighting circuit on my first floor and when i got to the toliet/sink area i decided i wanted downlights and to make it easy for me i have wired in a junction box so i have the feed in, the feed out to the next room, the drop to the switch and then the feed to the first light (connected to the switch live etc etc). So i can now just daisy chain the downlights

The fan i want to install appears to need a Live/switch live and neutral plus i want to incorporate a fan isolator

can you please explain how i incorporate this into the circuit, plus does the fan isolator come with 4 connections so i can automatically use three core and earth (live, switch live, neutral and earth) ?

Many thanks

oh and to say in advance all will be tested and inspected by local authorities

thanks

Sponsored Links
from the junction box do i take a 3 core and cpc cable from the permanent live, switch live and neutral to the isolator then with a 3 pole isolator take the 3 core and cpc to the fan?

i also just wondered if their was a way i could take it from the daisy chain lights, i dont think there is due to not have a permanent live there?

thankyou very much i appreciate it however excuse me but whats the sticky?

Sponsored Links
ive found it thankyou very much that is so useful, just out if interest if you or anyone would like to help me out with the next part of my renevaton

i want to put up three son or halagen 500w each security lamps all controlled from the same PIR

on one feed from the ccu?

if theres a drawing available for this or any advic is most welcome

oh and the sticky is excellent :-0

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back