Wiring a fused light switche

Because if one brown is doubled over, and two aren't, then that tells us which wire goes on it's own, and which wires go together in a terminal.

You double over a wire where only one wire goes in a terminal (usually).

The same will follow with blues, as it looks like a switched fused connection unit is probably needed.
Ive disconnected the switch and its allowed me to have my sockets working for now, the light switch has 2 grey cables coming out with all kinds of wires like the one in the picture

Sponsored Links
Because if one brown is doubled over, and two aren't, then that tells us which wire goes on it's own, and which wires go together in a terminal.

The same will follow with blues, as it looks like a switched fused connection unit is probably needed.
Interesting theory ,but not always the case unfortunately.

Ive disconnected the switch and its allowed me to have my sockets working for now, the light switch has 2 grey cables coming out with all kinds of wires like the one in the picture
Are we talking about another switch now???

Sponsored Links

Take a look at the next 2 photos, this is the original fused switch I taken off, for some reason this one work at all now , could someone tell me what wires go were ? Thanx

Attachments

• 20211106_193312.jpg
    20211106_193312.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 20211106_193351.jpg
    20211106_193351.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 44
You need to establish which cable goes to the light.

I take it all three cables are the same size? They look the same size in the pictures.

There are 3 grey sheathed cables present at the switch position. One of them goes directly to the light ,can you identify which one it is ?

So you're going to just connect it up without the fuse?

I will double check tomorrow when it gets lighter outside lol

The fact two earths are in one sleeve, the remaining earth in another sleeve may help identify the 'load' cable, if the wiring pictures you took can be closely studied.

Better still, have you got a multimeter?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back