Wiring a hive help please

RNS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there
I have a ideal eco 24 boiler I am trying to work out why the hive isn't working correctly

Could somebody's verify if this wireing is correct please

Attachments

• IMG20220916215932.jpg
    IMG20220916215932.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG20220916215918.jpg
    IMG20220916215918.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 43
Sponsored Links
As above, there is no common feed to terminal one on the Hive (if this is a single channel receiver).

Does your Hive power up with your current wiring, but just not operate the heating?
From the installation manual, I believe the stat circuit is switching at mains voltage - this would be confirmed if your Hive is powering up.
If this is the case, a short link wire between live and terminal one (common) on the Hive should work.

...and a note on the wiring...
You currently have an earth connection attached to the Hive (this isn't used by the Hive, but that's inconsequential! :) ). However, the other end of the earth wire is dangling in free air at the boiler!
This should be connected to the earth on the boiler terminals, to avoid any future confusion and safety issues!

It's also good practice to use the provided cable clamps! ;)

...and, don't forget to set any timer on the boiler to manual/on 24/7!

Last edited:
Reactions: CBW
Hello all thanks for Ur response I didn't wire it up I had someone over in the summer and I wasn't in I tried to turn the heating on last night for the first time.
So do I need to replace the cable with another one with one extra wire

Yes your right it does come on but doesn't turn the heating on

Once again massive thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back