Wiring a Ideal Logic+ combi to Salus RT500RF receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

just need a little guidance as I am a little nervous that I'll wire incorrectly and blow my boilers pcb board!

So I have a new Ideal Logic + 35 combi boiler that is installed in my basement and have bought a Salus RT500RF wireless stat to control it.

On the boiler I have identified the 2 terminals I need to connect to the receiver, these are: room stat & timer

On the Salus receiver I have a Live & Switched Live (Normally Open [N.O.]) contact

Which one goes where?

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful, especially as the winter is arriving fast!

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
From memory there's a link already in position on the boiler making the switch live permanent. If this is the case, which I'm sure it is the only damage you could do is have your wireless stat working in reverse. You shouldn't damage the main pcb as long as you wire the boiler up correctly which is as easy as wiring a standard 3 pin plug. As for the stat it's live and neutral to the receiver and a control pair to the boiler.

Thanks J. Thats put my mind at rest, the switch is linked as you say in the live permanent just now.

Now for a more stupid question. The boiler is already mains wired to an isolator switch on the wall, so the hot water is on and we can manually turn the heating on when required. Would I just run another cable directly from the switch (live & neutral) to the receiver or would I have to replace for a double switch or just spur off the cable. Whats the best way - as you can tell I'm a bit of a layman electrician!

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back