Wiring Salus RT500RF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a Salus RT500RF wireless programmable thermostat and an ideal i-mini combi boiler. I have an idea how to wire the 2 together but would like confirmation as I don't want to blow the boilers PCB. I'm assuming it's mains live and neutral to the receiver which I can just get from the boilers mains supply on the internal connection. Then the switched live and neutral from the boilers timer/ thermostat link but, is the boiler 230v or 24v? If it's 230v I need to add a link between the live and switched live on the reciver. If it's not and I did that would it blow the boilers PCB?
Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If your ideal boilers wiring conforms to the photo below...

iMini.jpg

..then the connections are all provided for you internally and you do not need to make any additional external links. As you have ascertained, connect the Salus L & N to the boilers 'Mains In' and then the 'N.O.' and 'COM' terminals on the Salus, should be connected to the two far right terminals on the boiler marked 'Room Stat Timer'. It doesn't matter which goes to which. If the link shown in the photograph above is still there, it should be removed, as should any other wiring to any existing controls. Do not link any of the terminals together. As I said earlier this is taken care of inside the boiler for you and as no external links are required, the voltage doesn't effect the method of installation.

Just an additional tip, unless you have distant neighbours, there are a lot of these units about and I have come across two installations where a newly installed Salus RT500RF has been switched 'on' and 'off' by a neighbours existing set up. So I would suggest that you reconfigure the RF code setting now. That way you will also be protected should a neighbour install one later.

Thanks very much for that. Yes my boiler has the same internal wiring as the picture. That really helps clear up my confusion I will go ahead with the installation now and thanks for the tip about changing the RF code I will also do that. Once again thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back