Wiring a Labgear Screened Socket Quadruplexed + Return

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi im in the process of wiring up the tv's etc in the house,
im going to use the SLX8L to send the signal around the house.

I am just woundering does anyone know how the faceplates are wired up?
is it all just fed from one wire? so the faceplate splits the signal or would i need multi wires? its just the sLX8L send all the signals down one wire??

Sponsored Links
The SLX8L will send all the signals down the one wire as they use different frequencies so it doesnt cause a problem doing that.

Ok cheers. So does the face plate seperate the signals to the correct output? As I would only have one wire going to the plate.

Sponsored Links
Yes there is no problem having the same signal simply connected to all 3 connectors on the faceplate.

The favceplate may have some passice componets on the back to filter out particularly high frequencies on some of the connectors. This is not technically required but may help avoid problems with some equipment being sensitive to them.

Splitting cables in this manner can cause impedance issues which can cause the signal to bounce back along the cable. That does not cause a problem as long as the amplifier is designed to copy with it which of course yours will be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back