wiring a light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need to know the configuration for wiring a light .i have new wiring in the extension . its a central ceiling rose style. from the ceiling is a live feed brown ,blue ,earth and a switch drop brown ,blue earth and i need to know what order they connect to stop thm tripping out the fuse.

Sponsored Links
View media item 13602
the cable on the left is the switch wire, the other 2 cables are feed in and feed out ( doesn't matter which )..
since you only have feed in then lets say it's the middle one..

hi , having now worked out which is the live feed i need to know how the switch feed is brought into the equation. cheers .joe

Sponsored Links
since you've sent me a private message I'll share it here..

it's not a ceiling rose he's talking about, it's a fitting with connector blocks..

so ..

you put the 2 browns in a seperate terminal block together ( or the one marked loop if they provide one ) , the blue from the feed wire in the N terminal and the blue from the switch wire in the L terminal ( sleeve it brown.. )
earths in the earth terminal..

hi , thanks to coljack i have solved my problem with the lighting wiring. i am very new to this forum and am finding my way round a bit confusing, so sorry if i posted a message on the wrong page, but thanks again for relaying it back to the forum. yr a star pal.
cheers
joe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back