Wiring a log Cabin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just assembled a 3m x 5m Swedish Log Cabin. Could you please let me know what sort of socket mounting boxes should I use. (the cabin will have a insulated wood clad internal skin.

Would it also be ok to obtain electrical from my shed which has a consumer box with RCD

Sponsored Links
I will be using it as a family & guest room, Pasion Palace for me & the mrs, Football / Bar Room. Its a shame the kit was missing 2 Swedish blondes.

I would like a double socket on each wall. 2 internal & 1 external wall light

how thick is the insulation?
will you be battening it out or just screwing foam backed boards to the walls?
how even are the walls ( ie engineerd / shaped logs or natural? )?

Sponsored Links
Would it also be ok to obtain electrical from my shed which has a consumer box with RCD
Perhaps.
How far away is the shed?
How far is the shed from the house?
What type and size of cable is between the shed and house?
What is at both ends of the existing cable?

Pictures will help.

2.5mm is far too small for the existing shed, due to the large distance from the house.

Therefore a new cable will be required from the house to the cabin. You can't use the shed supply.

What loads do you plan to have in the cabin.
Make list:
Heating, lighting, cooking, shower(?)
Put a KW figure on each of these.

Do the same for the shed. What is in there: welder, lathe???

Put the list back on here and give you an idea of what needs to be done.

As posted above your existing supply will only be enough to provide a light and a socket for occassional, light use and wil not support havy loads.

Also, remember that this type of electrical work needs notification and approval to your local authority, or use a registered electrician.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back