Wiring a new room thermostat, salus rt300rf, help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a Ravenheat csi 120 (t) low nox combi boiler but there is no room thermostat so i have bought a Salus wirless digital thermostat with RF (RT 300rf).

My problem is the instrucions for wiring are simple enough but i am unsure of which wires in the boiler to use.

On the main board in the boiler there is a room thermostat block with 2 points which have a 1 wire loop.

on the thermostat there are 5 points SL(off), live in, SL (on) Neutral and live, both lives are linked.

Please could someone help, i have had my cousin (an electrician) around but he has not done one, but did explain how i should do it...but i am still confused....he did check with a meter on the points in the boiler and said it could be volt free.

Please help me....i am usually ok with things like this but this has me stumped. :(

Sponsored Links
not sure of the exact model you have, but if it helps i will give you a general guide.

the transmitter side of the unit mounts next to the boiler via a four core cable. a live and neutral should be taken from the boilers live and neutral were the incoming mains has been wired and that in turn will go to the l & n in the transmitter.
the other two cores will go from the boilers room stat terminals that have a link fitted (remove) and inturn go into the correct terminals in the transmitter (this should be in the instructions).

the transmitter and receiver (room stat) should already be paired together so there should be no need to mess about pairing them.

hope this helps. if you are still struggling i will try download the wiring diagram and give you the exact terminals to wire into.

Neal

the other two cores will go from the boilers room stat terminals that have a link fitted (remove) and inturn go into the correct terminals in the transmitter (this should be in the instructions).

Thanks...thats as i thought, however i was going to put a new power feed and not take from boiler.

The above quote is what is bothering me, in the manual for the boiler the 2 terminals are just shown as "room thermostat optional" and so i dont know how to wire it

this is the link to the boiler sevice and installation guide page 40 wiring diagram
http://www.ravenheat.co.uk/pdf/CSI SYSTEM/CSISystemScreenV3.11.pdf

this is the link to the thermostat manual page 4
http://www.salus-tech.com/manuals/RT300RF.pdf

Many many thanks

on the boiler side you need to remove the link between the two terminals that say room thermostat and insert one core in each of the two terminals.
then on the stat control unit side...... remove the link thats in two of the terminals. connect one core to COM and the other to NO aswell as the L & N that we spoke about earlier.

hope this is clear and helps.

Neal

Sponsored Links
remove the link thats in two of the terminals. connect one core to COM and the other to NO aswell as the L & N that we spoke about earlier.

hope this is clear and helps.

Neal

Does it matter which way these are wired as we have done this, and the wireless thermostat is asking for heat (set at 35oC And house is 22oC) and the boiler fires up every so often for no longer than a second. the pump is running, and the hot water works.

many thanks Jason

also does the integral time clock need turning off, have been playing with this now since 3pm and no joy

Many thanks for your help

BTW, the boiler is only a few months old, when it was opened i noticed water inside, today it way dry until it rained then it got wet, i think it cam through the flu as its the highest point and i see water around it.

Any thoughts.

Jason

no it doesnt matter which way you put them unless is states on the boiler.
your integral timer should not affect the stat so leave that.

did you remove the link at the back of the transmitter ?

is there a manual override on the transmitter ? if so see what happens when you operate that.

sorry cant be much more help, its hard to find faults over the net.

Neal

Hi, Thanks for all your help, no there is no manual override, and i did remove the link, i have emailed the thermostat maker for help and i think i will email raven heat.

Also, the link in the boiler that was in the thermostat conection blocks has been removed, this is right, isn't it.

Again many thanks.

OK just spoke with thermostat maker and they say all is ok with wiring, it must be a problem futher down the line.

Now to speak to Ravenheat...:(

only remove the link if your putting something its place ie the room stat wires.

neal

only remove the link if your putting something its place ie the room stat wires.

neal

Thought so from what you said eairlier. :D

emailed ravenheat yesturday, tried to phone, but there was a message stating they would only speak to corgi reg. engineers. :(

i emailed them but still no reply, :(

Spoke with Ravenheat, they told me to replace the loop, and the boiler worked again.....so they recon the thermostat is duff.

Spoke to Salus ( thermostat maker) they dont see a problem but have agreed to send out a new unit.

So what will happen if this 1 dont work...?

keep you updated.

Ok you wont believe this, i was messing with the reciever today as i have still not got a replacement, when i pushed closed the cover for the main board on the boiler - the boiler fired up.....?????.

So i started again... when both units are turned on for the 1st time they work fine, when the rooms get to the correct temp. the thermostat tells the boiler and off the boiler goes.

BUT.....when the thermostat then asks for heat again the boiler clicks but does not fire up......until i turn the power off for boiler and press reset on the thermostat.

Any ideas :(

Ok you wont believe this, i was messing with the reciever today as i have still not got a replacement, when i pushed closed the cover for the main board on the boiler - the boiler fired up.....?????.

So i started again... when both units are turned on for the 1st time they work fine, when the rooms get to the correct temp. the thermostat tells the boiler and off the boiler goes.

BUT.....when the thermostat then asks for heat again the boiler clicks but does not fire up......until i turn the power off for boiler and press reset on the thermostat.

Any ideas :(

Sounds like a dodgy stat however with boilers that have integral timeclocks fitted you have to have them on constant otherwise the boiler won't fire when the stat is calling for heat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back