Wiring a non switch FCU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm trying to wire a non switch fused connection unit. The only problem is that I have no idea where the supply wires go and where the load wires go as all it says in IN and OUT.

Can someone please confirm if the following is correct:

Out = Load
In= Supply.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Congratulations - you guessed right.

If it wasn't blindingly obvious to you, when thinking about what an FCU is for, that IN meant the incoming supply and OUT meant going out to the load, are you sure you should be doing this?

Also, draw a little diagram with a Live in & Live out, with a fuse inbetween, and a Neutral in & Neutral out with just a connection inbetween, and ask yourself if it matters which way round you wire it.

Don't forget to use the right sized fuse for the application

ban-all-sheds said:
Congratulations - you guessed right.

If it wasn't blindingly obvious to you, when thinking about what an FCU is for, that IN meant the incoming supply and OUT meant going out to the load, are you sure you should be doing this?

Also, draw a little diagram with a Live in & Live out, with a fuse inbetween, and a Neutral in & Neutral out with just a connection inbetween, and ask yourself if it matters which way round you wire it.

In fact, it's not so obvious...

You could easily confuse supply to be the supply to the item, and the load to be the supply.

I've never confused these myself, but I can see how you could...

Sponsored Links
Yup - you could confuse these things, just like you could think the earth was flat, or that alien abduction really happens, or that Tony Bliar was right to support George Bush over Iraq.

The fact that you could do it doesn't mean it's the act of a thinking person.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back