wiring a pond electricity supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I've just installed a pond and need some advice on how to connect it to the electricity supply. I'm looking to get a Pond connection unit that plugs into the mains supply inside the house but wasn't sure how to connect the plugs to the electric once i have installed the unit?? Any advice would be appreciated as want to connect today.

many thanks

NB - Is there a preferred supplier of such units that anyone knows about??

Sponsored Links
To protect you and pond and all reduce chance of any fault with pond taking out the house I would fit a 10ma RCD where it is supplied from.

But without knowing why you want power that is about the limit. Some people run just a pump others have UV filters, lights, and other items as well and of course it that case you need a box of some sort to plug them all into.

Distance and terrain will also make a difference. If very close to house maybe you can just plug in but across the garden likely it will require steel wired armour cable.

Because garden electrics can be dangerous it also requires Part P notification to council (LABC) and their fee paying, also testing which needs special equipment I would allow at least £200 to cover this.

As a result in the main just not worth DIY and often cheaper to get a registered electrician to do the work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back