ARMOURED CABLE QUERY

I Can see 1 on the core that goes to the first MCB after the incommer, and 2 one one of the ones that goes to neutral. I cant see anything on the others in the picture but chances are you could if you turned it around. However that picture raises more questions; why is the supply to that board on two parallel run cables (That is a thing, but it wouldn't be done with cables that small) what is it supplied by?
Good morning Adam, please see photo showing the four black wires in the pond enclosure with identification marks. How do you read the markings please as I am not 100% certain? It looks like 1 and 3 are live and 2 & 4 are neutral?

Attachments

• IMG_1500.jpeg
    IMG_1500.jpeg
    343.7 KB · Views: 31
Sponsored Links
Looking at the pic of your mini consumer unit with 3 mcbs.

Look at the 2 black wires coming out of the trip switch. These are lives. Take a note of the number printed on those black wires. They can be used at the other end for lives.

Then look at the 2 black wires going to the neutral bar (blue) at the top right. Those 2 black wires can be used at the other end for neutral.

Just use one live wire and one neutral wire at the other end for 1 appliance.

Sponsored Links
Looking at the pic of your mini consumer unit with 3 mcbs.

Look at the 2 black wires coming out of the trip switch. These are lives. Take a note of the number printed on those black wires. They can be used at the other end for lives.

Then look at the 2 black wires going to the neutral bar (blue) at the top right. Those 2 black wires can be used at the other end for neutral.

Just use one live wire and one neutral wire at the other end for 1 appliance.
I just found out why I am having some electrical issues. The UV bulb in the pond filter unit was full of water. No wonder it wouldn’t work!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back