Wiring a power shower

I apologize bhm1712 for calling it the wrong name, i was told it was called this by staff at screwfix. I had my own doubts which is why i came here. I'll pass on 'educational page' link to them for you.

Taylortwocities, yes i do mean the pressure coming out my taps, well the hot tap anyway ( It seems ok coming from tap when running a bath but i have one of those clip on shower heads, the kind you just push over the taps for washing your hair. If i use this and stand up the water finds it hard to travel up to the shower head ), the cold has good pressure.

Is a pump something i could fit my self??

Thank you all for the help so far.

Sponsored Links
A shower pump is what you need.
Something like this
http://www.screwfix.com/p/salamande...erPumps-_-111Save10PumpCT50&_requestid=907716
The water tank isn't high enough to give you much pressure. The higher it is then the higher the pressure (gravity).

As to fitting it yourself.
Bear in mind that you will be mixing electricity with water and safety is a prime consideration.
You will need to run a new electricity point for the pump (RCD protected) and be happy with plumbing - there will be a few pipes to put in and connect up.

EDIT, you will need a proper shower head and mixer, a shower pump will blow your hand-held hose off the tap!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back