Wiring a Pyronix KX15DT AM PIR built in resistors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all!

My panel is a Honeywell Galaxy 144c, there's 8 connections on the pir, positive and negative, then 2 for tamper (one terminal is marked EOL) then 2 terminals for alarm (one terminal is marked EOL) then 2 terminals for fault/mask (one terminal is marked EOL) I have the resistors set at 1k alarm, 1k tamper then 12k mask, to use the masking function do I need to change any settings on the panel? And where do I connect my yellow and blue alarm cable? Which terminals on the pir ? Thanks all !

Sponsored Links
Do you need the anti-masking? Details for the detector are in the leaflet "E3, DEOL TO CONTROL PANEL WHICH WILL SUPPORT ALARM, MASK/FAULT AND TAMPER ON A SINGLE ZONE".

Connect one wire to the right hand terminal marked "TAMPER EOL". Put jumpers on 1k for the Alarm and Tamper. If you are not using AM, connect the other wire to the "ALARM EOL" terminal, fourth from the right.

If you are using AM, connect the second wire to "MASK/FAULT EOL", third from the left and make sure that you fit "MASK/FAULT EOL LINK" jumper on the lower left hand side.

If you are wiring for EN50131 Grade 3, remember that you must also fit the extra tamper switch and a screw through the breakaway section on the back - check the instructions as Pyronix has changed the design recently.

I seem to remember that MASK is an attribute on the zone programming but one of the Galaxy whizzes will confirm that soon, I'm sure! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back