Wiring a Regulator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Belling Country Chef 100DF electric cooker. The Energy regulator on the grill has become faulty and I have tried to order the part to replace it. The original part had 2 connections but apparently this is not made any more and therefore I have been supplied with a part with 7 more options to wire in. However, I have wired it in (with what I think are the correct connections)and when I reconnected the electricity it did not work.

The old regulator just had numbers 1 & 2 on it and the new one has S1, S2, 4, P1, P2, Pilot and 2.

I been supplied the wrong part as a replacement?

Any help much appreciated.[/code]

Sponsored Links
Google for "simmerstat wiring" and I got this.
7f33106232901.jpg

It would seem it uses a neutral with this one so would not replace two wire model and only when designed for a set power would one expect a simmerstat not to have a neutral.

I looked at images rather than sites and you will see near every simmerstat you can buy needs a neutral.

Likely it will need to be a genuine Belling part.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back