Wiring an oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm wiring in an electric oven and the installation instructions advise 'WARNING! - This appliance must be earthed'.

Obviously I'll be earthing it as per the wiring at the back but do I need to earth tha actual chassis of the oven? The previous oven that was wired in had the insulation on the earth stripped off at the point where the wire went into the electric connection cover on the back. I assumed this was an extra precaution but is it needed?

Thanks

Stu

Sponsored Links
tThe earth post on the cooker (ie the one that you will connect your earth wire to) is bonded to the appliance, just connect up to the terminals.

Need some advice please.
Dont mean to hijack the post but I have the same question except my oven plugs into an ordinary plug socket. The instructions also say this appliance must be earthed. I dont know what that means (I have a rough idea but Im probably wrong.) :rolleyes: Do I need to get an electrician in?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Need some advice please.
Dont mean to hijack the post but I have the same question except my oven plugs into an ordinary plug socket. The instructions also say this appliance must be earthed. I dont know what that means (I have a rough idea but Im probably wrong.) :rolleyes: Do I need to get an electrician in?

Thanks

It just means that it should be earthed at the plug/connection. i.e. the yellow/green earth wire from the connected cable should be connected within the plug or cooker connection point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back