Wiring bathroom downflow wall heater?? help please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am new to this site. I have a 2kw soneva bathroom downflow wall heater that I want to get installed. I would like to do the cable runs myself and get an electrician to check and connect up.

My question: I have sorted the location requirements for the heater. I plan on fitting a 13amp switched FCU outside the bathroom then cable to a flex out-let not quite directly above the heater and butt to the ceiling (to save chasing or trunking). From this I need a flex to the heater. Shall I use 1.0mm or 1.25mm flex and does it need to be 2 core or 3 core? its just that there is no earth terminal on the heater?

Does all this sound ok? I can do it like this without a ceiling pull cord can't I? (with having swittched FCU outside bathroom instead?

Any help appreciated guys!

Sponsored Links
I'm surprised that the heater does not come pre-wired with a length of flex. It is almost certainly double insulated (electrical symbol of a square inside a square) is this is the case, it should not have an earth connection to the mains. When running 8.7 amps, 1.0mm would be fine as 2 core 1.0mm heat flex has a current rating of 10amps. Hope this is of use to you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back