Wiring bathroom fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a two core flex from when this fan was fitted and access to the jb for the bathroom lights, so would you fit an isolator for this, all accessed in attic space ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Two core will not be sufficient if you want a timer over run, that requires a permanent live.

I am not an electrician but I personally would fit an isolator but it sounds like yours only becomes live when the lights are on, meaning that the light switch acts as an isolator.

I would also be concerned that a two core means that there is no earth. Yeah, the appliance doesn't need an earth, but the cable should have an earth

Sponsored Links
Thanks all its just a pull cord fan that was fitted years back and all I have in the attic is a 2 core flex, ,this was at one time connected to a bedroom light jb next to the bathroom and I disconnected it when I was dropping neutrals down to my light switches. So all I have is this flex with no way to get any new wiring to the fan. So thought I would connect this to an isolator and then connect into the ba5hroom lights at the jb

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back