Extractor fan question

No, the 3C+E will be connected to:

The L input on the switch, brown PL
the SL output on the switch, black SL sleeved brown
the two Neutral wires connected together, blue and grey sleeved blue and
the two Earth wires connected together.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that.

Connecting the PL to the live on the input side means that it will continue receiving its PL allowing the timer to run? And I can use any pullcord, doesn't have to be a triple pole one?

Thanks for that.

Connecting the PL to the live on the input side means that it will continue receiving its PL allowing the timer to run?
Yes.

And I can use any pullcord, doesn't have to be a triple pole one?
Correct.

As I said, it doesn't matter where you connect the new switch - light, isolator or fan.

Which would be most convenient and easiest for the location of the new switch?

Yes.

Correct.

As I said, it doesn't matter where you connect the new switch - light, isolator or fan.

Which would be most convenient and easiest for the location of the new switch?

Sorry for not replying before. Happy to report its all working, thanks to your advice.

I opted to use a fan isolator pullcord to turn on and off, and due to the wiring setup the neon no longer works. Is there a way to bring that back into operation as it's hard to tell when it's been turned on or if its off and still running on the timer.

Can I take a loop from the neutrals (connected in a wago) back through the switch?

Sponsored Links
Good.

Yes, you just need a Neutral connection to the in/feed/supply side of the switch.

It would be better to use a cable with an additional core (depending on how you have wired it) otherwise it's going to look a bit messy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back