Extractor fan in bathroom not on lighting circuit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi anyone who can help....I have a timed fan but cannot get to the lighting rose on the ceiling to wire it through.... i have a circuit in the bathroom which is powering the bathroom cabinet light...1mm T&E.....can i take it off that and how would i need to wire it?

I have the fan wired with 3core&E to the isolator and then not sure where to go from there....

Any help gratefully recieved :)

Sponsored Links
The bathroom cabinet light will probably be fed from the lighting circuit. If it is that's half your problem solved. That will probably get you a permanent live and neutral, and earth.

If you want the fan to come on and off with the light you'll need to run a cable from the light itself or from the switch. What you need from these is a switched live, and an earth.

Then follow the diagram with the fan, or the one in theh wonderful and much forgotten WIKI
//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:lighting:fan

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back