Wiring bed side lamps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys (and girls),

First of all thanks for all the tips I've already got on this forum from your questions and answers. They've been very helpful in my quest to renovate our first home.

So, let's get down to business.

The master bedroom is almost finished but I need to install two wall mounted bedside lamps. To do this I obviously have to conceal the wire behind the plaster (solid wall).

My question is: since there is a double socket near the bed, can I wire the lamps from the back of the sockets? I'd put an appropriately fused master switch beside the sockets and then wire the lamps from there.

If so, what wire/conduit combination should I use between socket and switch and then switch to lamps?

I'm thinking of using 40w bulbs maximum, if that makes any difference...

Thanks in advance, let me know if you need more info.

Jon

Sponsored Links
2.5mm from socket to fcu.
1.0mm (or 1.5mm if u have already) to the light.

You could put the fcu above the bedside table to you could use it as another switch if you wanted.

thanks for the reply.

And can I use 8mm conduit and bury it in the plaster?

Jon

Sponsored Links
Use the conduit. It could prove invaluable if you want to lower the lights for some reason, or you damage a cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back