Wiring boiler thermostat receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I need some help wiring a Siemens RDJ100RF Thermostat receiver.

A house I just bought has a brand new boiler but the boiler is just plugged in and has no thermostat. I'm trying to figure out the wiring and have searched on the internet but I'm still unsure of exactly how to wire this up.

I have mounted a fused spur next to the boiler and the boiler has some pre-wired flex coming from it. Could someone guide me as to how to wire this?

I have attached pictures of the boiler, the boiler connections and the thermostat receiver connections.

Thank you :)

Attachments

• Boiler.jpg
    Boiler.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 124
  • Inside boiler.jpg
    Inside boiler.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Thermostat reciever.jpg
    Thermostat reciever.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 126
Sponsored Links
Removal of the cover on that particular boiler involves the combustion circuit, so needs to be checked for safety afterwards. Piggyback (using 5 core) the L and N at boiler to receiver, and take the link out and run the 2 switch wires from that linked part to Lx and L1.

Removal of the cover on that particular boiler involves the combustion circuit, so needs to be checked for safety afterwards. Piggyback (using 5 core) the L and N at boiler to receiver, and take the link out and run the 2 switch wires from that linked part to Lx and L1.

Thanks Chris.

So the flex to the mains in terminals in the boiler should be coming directly from the fused spur?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back