Wiring centre not as per Y plan diagram

It is a Y plan, one set of valve wiring and its got a white wire in it as one of the 5 wires.

Sponsored Links
I'll double check tonight that it's got 4/5 wires coming from the valve into the wiring centre to confirm Y plan.

I'm assuming that if it's Y plan I still set up as per my diagram and there won't be an extra wire for HW OFF going to my programmer. (If there is should I just connect to the L)

upload_2016-12-6_14-49-15.png

For 'Y Plan' with a single 3 port motorised valve, there should be a wire from the 'HW off' on your existing programmer that goes to the Grey wire on the motorised valve.

That will connect to the 'hot water satisfied' on the Heatlink

Sponsored Links
For 'Y Plan' with a single 3 port motorised valve, there should be a wire from the 'HW off' on your existing programmer that goes to the Grey wire on the motorised valve.

That will connect to the 'hot water satisfied' on the Heatlink

A wire from cylinder stat Sat terminal must also be connected to the grey wire/HW Sat, i.e. three wires connected together.

A wire from cylinder stat Sat terminal must also be connected to the grey wire/HW Sat, i.e. three wires connected together.

I'm assuming that's already in place at the wiring centre. As I'm connecting the HeatLink into the wiring at the programmer end, then it's not relevant. Whereas Stem's point about the 'HW Off' being connected to the 'Hot Water Satisfied' is valid.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Finally tackled it today (wanted to wait until the other half was away for a few days in case it didn't go to plan).

All done and dusted in less than an hour. Everything connected and working like a dream.

Just wish I could've run a couple of wires from the Heat link to the thermostat, but got 2 door frames and walls in the way. Or replaced the existing thermostat and changed the wires, but wasn't possible. So at the moment the thermostat in on a table in the lounge. (I don't fancy having conduit on the wall).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back