Wiring Diagram

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been reliably informed that somewhere on this forum is a wiring diagram on how to install resistors on PIRs.

I've looked, then looked again, and looked again, but can't find it anywhere.

Has anyone got any idea where I can find it?

Sponsored Links
Well, yes really.

I've got two different types and I'm not sure which way round they go, but I think they go across the alarm and tamper connections.

Theres a few diagrams on page 1 and page 2 of this thread clicky, however they relate to a specific alarm manufacturer, you'll need to check the resistor values etc for your alarm panel are the same.

Sponsored Links
Well, yes really.

I've got two different types and I'm not sure which way round they go, but I think they go across the alarm and tamper connections.

Do you know the make of the system ie galaxy,aritech,securicor etc. or the values of the resistors ?

It's a Gardtec system.

It came with a load of resistors (two different types I think)

It's a Gardtec system.

It came with a load of resistors (two different types I think)

The resistor across the zone terminals should be 6k8 (red and blue stripes). The series resistor to the tamper terminals should be 4k7 (yellow and violet).Put 1 leg of the 6k8 and one of your cct wires in to an alarm terminal,then the the other leg of the 6k8 and one leg of the 4k7 in to the other alarm terminal,the other leg of the 4k7 in to one of the tamper terminals and lastly your other cct wire in to the other tamper terminal and hopefully :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back