Wiring Double plug sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello! I need to replace 2 double plug sockets. I have 2 brand new sockets ready. How much will an electrician charge for this job? Thanks

Sponsored Links
hello! I need to replace 2 double plug sockets. I have 2 brand new sockets ready. How much will an electrician charge for this job? Thanks
Get 3 quotes, then make up your mind.

Out of interest why do you need to replace them?

Sponsored Links
It's easy to do yourself tbh

Agreed but if the OP isn't confident enough to do it themselves then it certainly makes sense to get someone else to it.

Not all sockets are straight forward though. For example, on a number of occasions I have had to pull the back boxes out and fit deeper ones and them make good because the customer wanted flush plates.

The job is so small that you are going to have to expect to pay for a minimum X hours, which is fair enough because whoever does it will need to factor in travel times, which may well be longer than time spent on site. With such small jobs I normally recommend that the homeowner try to bump up the amount of work so that you end up employing someone for half a day, or a full day. That way, the travel costs are lower than the time spent on site.

I’d do it for £20 as long as it takes no longer than an hour. It shouldn’t, but you never know what’s hiding behind the existing!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back