Wiring from Digistat to Honeywell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I now have myself a honeywell cmt 927

But I am a bit confused on the wiring for the change over from a drayton digistat 3 which only has 3 connections 1 - 2 - 3

1 and 3 are connected and 1 is the permanent live

On the Honeywell I have six connections N L L A B C

It looks to me from the diagram which is not very clear that I have to link L & A and B is the permanent live and N is the neautral.

Am I right? help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
What is the make and model of the boiler.

What controls do you have, Motorized valve etc.

The boiler is a old Thorn Apollo and has motorised valve, and the timer is a sunvic select 207xl

As the exisiting stat does not have a neutral wire, you will need to run a new cable to the receiver, which can be near the HW cylinder/motorized valve. You should use 3 core cable (not twin and earth), e.g brown, blue and yellow.

Receiver end
Connect Brown to L
Connect L to A
Connect 3rd colour to B
Connect Blue to N

At the other end
Connect Brown to a permanent Live
Connect Blue to permanent Neutral
If you have a three port valve: Connect 3rd colour to white valve wire (remove the existing wire - this goes to 3 on your old thermostat)
If you have two 2-port valves: Connect 3rd colour to brown wire of CH valve and remove the existing wire which goes to 3 on old thermostat.

At the Sunvic, remove the wire from terminal 4 (CH ON) - this goes to 1 on your old thermostat.

The Sunvic 207 XL is a two channel timer, but the CH channel is now redundant as the CM927 will be in charge.

Hint
Before fixing the receiver in place, it is a good idea to check that the two parts of the CM927 communicate properly from their proposed locations.

Connect a long lead with a 3 pin plug on one end to the L and N terminals of the receiver and plug in. You can now do the communication test in the installation manual and try different receiver locations until you find the best one.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, too complicated for me, I know my limits :)

Behind the current stat both cables have a neutral cable taped together and just the reds are connected to the current stat.

Behind the current stat both cables have a neutral cable taped together and just the reds are connected to the current stat.

It's easy if you take your time and read what Dave has posted.

Its not possible for me to start re-wiring, because its all inaccesable.

Currently I have two cables both have a red and black, the two reds are connected to the current stat the blacks connected together.

I do know which cable comes from the white valve port cable.

I wanted an RF stat that I could easily swap for my current one. Withe the messing about I may as well just drop my current cable down the cavity and locate in the lounge, lot easier and I know what I am doing.

Thanks for help though.

Have faith! I'm going to make it easier for you.

That make life much easier. ;) You can forget my previous instructions and I will tell you how to put the receiver where your old thermostat was located.

One red goes to the programmer CH ON; the other red to the valve white wire. Separate the blacks at both ends.

Cable 1 (Red connected to thermostat terminal 1)
Connect Red to receiver L
Connect Black to receiver N

The other end of this cable has Red connected to programmer CH ON
Move Red to programmer L terminal
Connect Black to programmer N terminal

Cable 2 (Red connected to thermostat terminal 3)
Connect Red to terminal B
Disconnect the black at both ends and make safe.

Link L to A

This will bypass the CH channel of the programmer, which is redundant.

Thanks Dave

Much appreciated I am up and running, the only thing is when I wired it all up everything was doing what it should but the boiler was not firing up, so I reconnected the programmer and the negatives and it worked !

I have never used the programmer it always stays on "on" for heating and water so I am happy to leave it as it is.

I will at some point in the near future have to get the boiler changed as its on its last legs. The biggest problem I have is whoever lived here before boxed everything in (even the programmer was plastered into the wall). so nothing is accessible :( if the pump packed up I would have to rip a wall down to get to it. !

Again many thanks you are a star. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back