Wiring guidance Honeywell ST9400C and DT90E to Dual Channel Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at the photos I've provided would you agree that it will be pretty straight forward?

Isolate power, remove front cover and back plate from the ST9400C, transfer the wires from the back plate to the corresponding terminals on the Hive back plate
N..L..3..4

Remove thermostat and backplate from the wall (there are only 2 wires connected to the thermostat) join the 2 thermostat wires together with a suitable connector and tuck away in the recess then mount the Hive thermostat over the top.

Thanks in advance for letting me know if I've missed anything or if any photos are required.

Honeywell ST9400C Backplate Wiring.jpg Honeywell ST9400C Wiring Rear.jpg Glow-Worm ENERGY 15r Boiler.jpg

Sponsored Links
yes that is fine , you dont have to do any wiring or change the backplate, the hive will slot straight on there, good practice to change them as the slots can get a little bit worn, but it is industry standard so interchangeable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back