Wiring help for this lamp holder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I never thought I'd need help for this, but I feel pretty stupid right now so might as well get some help!

I've bought 3 lamps and they come with this lamp holder:
http://www.dgyacht.com/uploadfile/2015/1105/20151105091503430.jpg

Now as you see there's a screw where supposedly "live" would go, and two holes... Nothing else comes with the lamp.

I've tried to put the live wire through the hole, hold it with the screw, nothing holds. As for the neutral and ground, there's literally nothing to hold it to the fitting. I've tried searching for instructions, but I can't find anything.

Is there anyone who might know how to use this, or if I need to buy additional parts? I've also contacted the company selling the lamp for instruction but no response so far.

Thanks a lot!

Sponsored Links
Some photos of the actual lamp holder might help, top down.

However, I would be inclined to throw them in the bin, and buy some decent lamp holders. What type of cap are the bulbs? E27?

Here are some photos. Yes those are for E27.

In the mean time, I'll check on Toolstation if they have a holder that might fit the lamps.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMAG0861.jpg
    IMAG0861.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 140
  • IMAG0862.jpg
    IMAG0862.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 153
  • IMAG0863.jpg
    IMAG0863.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 122
Hi, they are designed to take solid core cable. The cable should be firmly pushed into the terminal. N.B. they cannot be re-used !
The screw is the earth connection, and please check the polarity before you connect to mains, the outer is neutral.

Regards,

DS

Sponsored Links
Aaaaaaaaaaah. That totally makes sense! I see now. Thanks a lot deadshort. I'll try it now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back