Wiring Table Lamp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have an old table lamp that's stopped working. The wires are fed through a hole that goes from the base to the top and then connects to a lamp holder at the top. I decided whilst I was at it to change the lamp holder from a plastic one to a brass one for aesthetics.

I then brought a new bit of flex. However the hole through the centre of the stand isn't big enough to feed a live, neutral and earth wire through. It's only big enough for two wires. As the new lamp holder is metal I assume it needs to be earthed. Is there anyway around this issue. The hole through the centre of the lamp is surrounded by metal so cannot drill it out to make it wider..

Any help would be appreciated..

Sponsored Links
what size is the hole?

photos would help.

Use smaller flex like 0.5 mm 3 core, usually the tube is 10mm external diameter and internally obviously smaller

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back