Wiring Help - Replacing Room Thermostat for wireless RDH10RF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My mother moved house recently and it's turned out that the Room Thermostat is in bad location where the temperature is not "representative of the general house temperature." Initially thought I'd have to arrange a significant bit of wiring to move the Room Thermostat somewhere else, but having looked at the Internet it appears that a Wireless Room Thermostat may provide a simple solution which I could do myself.

The house currently has a Drayton RTS1 (branded as Iflo) room thermostat.
I wish to replace with a Siemens RDH10RF wireless room thermostat.

It looks like it could be a simple job, if I understood the wiring. So I need advice on where the wires will go in the new Room Thermostat.

Below is the existing wired backplate of the Drayton RTS1, with the wiring instructions from the manual.

So I have the three wires that match the wiring guidance, plus an earth.

Below is a picture of the Siemens RDH10RF backplate (I've copied the image from another thread because I haven't bought one yet), plus a copy of the wiring plan from the manual.

So I'm can anyone help me with some guidance with what goes where (that's if its possible to swap these models)

Sponsored Links
I'm 'bumbing' my question up. Hoping the reason I didn't get a response was due to posting peak time of Saturday afternoon resulting with question disappearing off 'page 1' very quickly. Whatever the response I'm definitely gong to have do this (or pay someone to do it) because having had more experience of having the heating on, it's turned out the location is terrible.

The Live and Neutral connections on the Siemens are to provide power for the receiver and would come from the wires now on the L & N terminals of the Drayton.

The Live must also be looped to the Siemens Lx terminal.

The Wire on term. 3 of the Drayton is swapped over to L1 on the Siemens.

Thanks for the info.

Bought one yesterday and just installed it. Everything work well.

Only downside is the thermostat unit is much larger than I expected. I assume this is a deliberate design choice by the manufacturer. But it's an unusual when we expect things to be small.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back