Wiring in froststat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im replacing the controller and sorting out the very very messy wiring linking the system together but im unsure where the froststat should go

I have the S plan system and all electronic parts are Honeywell, valves, controller and both cylinder stat and frost stat

Am i right in saying that it goes to permanent live and the neutral side going to the CH ON terminal block at my junction box. Im assuming this would override any signal from the controller to tell the system to turn on/off and would turn the heating on if it went below 5 degrees or whatever

Cheers chaps, Dave

Sponsored Links
should be wired, as you say to perm live, then in series with a pipe stat (fitted on return pipe near boiler) then to the brown wire on ch valve

Sponsored Links
why to permanent live? It is still overridden by boiler on/off switch in my garage...so what is the point of always live? (If switch to boiler off it wont work).

The 'permanent live' should be just that, 'permanent' supplied straight from the 3A fused spur. So, even when the boiler is switched 'off' by its controls [timer / thermostat] the frost stat still has an electrical supply.

So, when the timer / thermostat are 'off' the boiler won't run, but the frost stat will still start it up if necessary. Obviously the main fused spur needs to be left switched 'on' but if the timer and thermostat are 'off' the boiler won't be running until the frost stat instructs it to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back