Wiring in Garage/ caravan etc

I really dont understand the fuss
It is true that you do seem to find quite alot of things hard to understand.

Like protective devices, for example.

Just to let everyone Know, The comments here have given me loads of guidance.
You just chose not to follow it.

I probably have more practical experience than this community gives me credit.

project managed, in the region of hundreds of house builds, six nursing homes, childrens nurseries, Loads of Modular ( additional Classroom) type projects.

All of these including overseeing the M&E installation
Almost as relevant the temporary electrics for site cabins etc
And yet you don't know one single electrician to ask for advice or to direct the work for you.

also with the modular build its usually very much a see what the existing meter cupboard as to offer in the way of spare capcity, and then work closely with the electricians to make it work.
And yet you don't know one single electrician to ask for advice or to direct the work for you.

I have worked with numerous electrical contractors and electricians, I have seen how the job is done and on Many Many occasion pulled sparkies on the quality of the work.
Presumably because their work didn't look the business with very good attention to quality of cable clipping neatness. I'll bet they loved you.

No wonder you can't find anyone to help you.

All my own building work I have done the electrics completely.
But you've succeeded in learning SFA.

I always have my work inspected and tested and certified, (usualy by a national contractors testing team) (perk of being a company project manager)

I probably come over as thick on this forum
:unsure:

...I like dumbing down when doing my own projects.
That comes as no surprise.

I think the advice that does not get given here is that most installations are 95% infrastructure, if a diyer can get the infrastructure done properly i think you only need an electrician to tie in the ends. or even have a go at that yourself, It really is quite simple stuff.
through a 60amp 30 millibar rcb
have run a 16mm twin SWA cable,
this is isolated by way of a 60 amp isolating switch in main house.

And despite having project managed hundreds of builds, working closely with electricians to make things work, even pulling them up over the quality of what they do, still starting out thinking that your simple 95% infrastructure can combine N&E, and can be a TN-C-S supply to a caravan.

Go away.

Sponsored Links
oh BAS
You really are a silly irate man.

I come here for humour

Dont you realise that people read through things that are posted here to glean ideas and knowledge.

As we speak

This is my current workload regarding electrics

1. Refurbishing a DHL depot in gateshead..electricians back in tommorow to re-distribute power to new reception area.

2. Currently installing a secondry supply to a passenger lift in shropshire a nursing home(cmon BAS tell me what i am doing this for??)

3. Overseeing periodic inspection works to a large nursing home, this includes a full shutdown of power to change the main twelveway board, changing 7 distribution boards, re-configuring a back up generator, and whilst doing this employing the services of a company to produce temporary generated power for the home by way of strategic power setup.

4. (cant believe this) "Links" have just phoned me to say that my HEATMAT repair kit as come in (we had an incident were we have put a screw through a floor with heatmat in) probably go and fix that myself.....BLINDFOLD.

5.Might as well mention my mates solar PV that we are installing..again this is going well cables looking neat.

6. Part time I do some thermal imaging selling for one of Flukes main distributors.

7. One of my best mates Owns a company that not only trains wannabe electricians to 17th edition, but also owns a company that calibrates just about every bit of electrical testing equipment that exists.

8. My neighbour who I grow up with is an electrician and a good mate

9. His brother is the finest electrician I have seen, and the hardest working.

I come here to ask some simple question and you all get on high horses.

Honestly its sooooo simple

You've forgotten this:

"10. When I'm not doing simple electrical work and pulling professional electricians up on the quality of theirs I am on active duty with the SAS."

Actually, you're just a pathetic and inadequate little troll.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back