Wiring in induction hob and separate oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and good morning
I'm just about to install a single beko oven that needs a 13amp fused spur and an induction hob that requires a hardwired 32amp supply with cooker switch.
No problem with the induction hob, as I have a 32 amp dedicated supply already installed. My question is, can I use an existing 13amp plug socket below the worktop, with no on/off switch, but it's operated via a switched fused spur above the worktop?
I would put a new 2.5 cable into the cooker with a normal 13amp plug.
Obviously then, I would have two fuses, one in the newly installed plug and one in the existing fused spur.
Is this ok?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for robotik. Have fitted a duel outlet as you suggested, with 6mm wire from one outlet to the hob and a 2.5 cable from the other outlet to a 13amp plug socket.
Wired up the cooker with 2.5 mm cable and put a plug on one end, fused with a 13amp fuse. This way I have avoided 'two fuses' which would have confused everyone.
Why I didn't think of that....god knows :giggle:
Simple...;)
Cheers

Hi again
I notice robotik has deleted their post. I'm not sure why, but can only guess I've installed/interpreted their instruction wrongly.
If this is the case, I'm open to learn the best way to wire up these two appliances correctly.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I notice robotik has deleted their post. I'm not sure why, but can only guess I've installed/interpreted their instruction wrongly.
It wasn't just the post that was deleted - Robotik itself, has been deleted!

It occasionally happens when, for example, a previously banned user has re-joined, with a different username.

That said, I believe the advice given was sound :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back